Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fresh Strawberries

Is there anything better than fresh local strawberries? I didn't think so.

Here's my attempt to hold onto that freshness for a little longer. I made a triple batch of strawberry freezer jam and one batch of cooked strawberry rhubarb jam. Yum.


The strawberry freezer jam came out a bright red and looks and tastes amazing. I find it still has that fresh taste since the strawberries aren't cooked. mmmm....

Here's the strawberry rhubarb jam cooking away.


And done!


I followed the recipes in the package of Pectin Crystals. Easy, quick, and oh so good!

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. The jam looks delicious! I've never made jam before but maybe I should.

    Thanks for the help!

    Carol-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous

    Thanks Carol-Anne!
    I can't believe how easy freezer jam is to make and store. I love not having to worry about canning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks gorgeous! I wouldn't be able to help myself... I'd be eating it by the spoonful right out of the jar!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Thanks for your comments.