Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cilantro Lime Burgers

mmm I love cilantro!

For my husband's birthday supper, he requested cilantro burgers.  I couldn't find a recipe with the ingredients I wanted so I made my own.  I think they were a hit with all.  Well, at least until my son saw the green bits in his burger.  Luckily I can still trick a four year old.  I convinced him there would be no green bits in his burger as long as he ate it with his eyes closed.  :)


Cilantro Lime Burgers

Recipe made 14 patties

3 lbs ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 egg
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
1 cup cilantro, chopped
juice and zest of 1 lime
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp chili powder
Salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.  Mix well.  Shape patties.  I made a thumbprint in the middle of each patty to help keep them flat. Best on the barbecue.

I served them with guacamole and cheddar cheese. I followed this recipe for the guacamole and it was really good.  It complemented the hamburger perfectly.  Sorry for the lack of pictures of the finished burger.  We ate them all!

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. you know some people don't like cilantro? crazy people! i love it, these sound sooo good!:)
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Meredith

    I agree... complete craziness! Thanks Meredith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to try these, but 2 of my roomates are gluten-free so I wouldn't be able to use the bread crumbs. Is there an alternative or would they be okay if I left them out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous

    Good question! I haven't tried it but have read you could just leave out the breadcrumbs. You may need an extra egg to help the binding. Another option is making your own breadcrums with a gluten-free product, such as GF crackers or GF bread. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Thanks for your comments.