Friday, April 29, 2011

Boys pants - a refashion


Lately, my son (I think I'll call him Charlie from now on) gets sadly neglected when it comes to handmade items.  When he was a baby, I made him a good number of hand-knit hats, mittens and sweaters.  It seems harder, as he gets older, to make him something other than pyjamas.



It was about time Charlie received something hand-made.  I was given a pair of adult wool plaid pants which screamed for a refashion (mostly because they were several sizes too small. Shh, don't tell anyone but I'm no longer a size 2.  I don't know if I was ever a size 2. And yes, I refashioned women's pants into pants for my son.  My husband will now be dying of embarrassment as he reads this since he just assumed they were men's pants. And my son has worn them. In public. A lot. :)



I love the retro look with the wide cuff at the bottom. 




Isn't he handsome?  Doesn't he look just like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever?



OK, maybe not. But if Travolta was wearing grey plaid, they would be like twins!

I'm partying over here:

make it wear it
















Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. well, they certainly don't look like they came from women's pants. They are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @~Beth D.

    Thanks Beth! They came together quickly too, which was nice.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Thanks for your comments.