Thursday, May 26, 2011

It's finally time for gardening!

I was starting to doubt the weather would ever warm up. It finally has, although we haven't seen much sunshine yet. I believe our weatherman stated recently "April showers bring May showers."  I don't think that's how it's supposed to go :)

Now that we have had our May long weekend, I am finally able to start gardening. 


Here's the beginning of my vegetable and herb garden.  Tada!

Some cilantro


some basil

One of my tomato plants has even started to flower!

cucumber

I have two major gardening obstacles to overcome this year. The first hurdle is the city issued outdoor water ban as they replace a water main. It will last through to the end of July. Luckily, we found a water barrel, which will be enough to water my garden. Besides, it's been raining almost constantly, so it hasn't been a problem.

The bigger obstacle? My husband's obsession with running out of storage.


Yup. Really cute. Do you see the nice rich soil under that shed? That was my vegetable garden. Thanks hon.  At least I won't need to weed it anymore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Thanks for your comments.